7 August, 2018
About the Job
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Payroll Verification, Employee Data Verification, and Attendance Tracking* Enters employee data into the payroll system; this includes data on new employees, employee address changes, pay changes, department and allocation changes, and deductions and benefits.
* Maintains temporary employee data, verifies temporary employee invoices, and assists managers with temporary employee needs.
* Maintains data on terminated employees so that accurate information is readily available when performing verifications of employment. Completes verifications of employment on current and terminated employees. Responds to employment verification for loans, unemployment, new employers, etc.
* Files employee paperwork in the appropriate files.
* Coordinates workers’ compensation checks with sick pay checks.
* Tracks attendance and distributes incentives.
* Assists in maintaining personnel, insurance, and/or workers’ compensation files.
* Calculates and handles all paperwork for garnishments and other payroll deductions.
* Collects affirmative action and equal opportunity information.
Employee Relations, New-Hire Orientation, and Safety
* Educates internal and external customers on Franklin Electric human resource processes.
* Distributes required information to new employees. Creates files for new employees and verifies that all required information has been received.
* Assists employees when filing short-term disability claims.
* Assists in the review of the employee handbook.
* Administers health benefit plans (including COBRA participation), deferred compensation plans, workers’ compensation plans, and other related plans. Serves as a primary point of contact for employees with health benefits or deferred compensation problems or questions.
* Tracks and coordinates the administration of the performance evaluation process.
* Presents pre-prepared safety trainings.
* Provides excellent customer service to managers and employees.
* Logs, files, and responds to incoming applications and resumes. Sends notices to job applicants acknowledging receipt of their application/resume.
* Conducts background checks.
* Assists with the hiring of production and temporary employees.
* Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
* Understands relevant laws affecting human resources and payroll, including but not limited to safety, medical and military leave, payroll, HIPAA, payroll, etc.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), workers’ compensation laws, insurance and benefits laws, or other state or federal laws.
* Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
* Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business and personal information.
* Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Writes routine reports and correspondence.
* Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides numbers (using currency and other forms of measurement).
* Provides accurate work on a consistent basis.
* Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
* Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
* Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work.
* Frequently makes decisions and verifies major decisions with supervisor before proceeding.
* Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
* Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience
* Equivalent of four years of high school (required).
* One to two years of relevant education or experience in human resources, payroll, benefits, or a related field (required).
* Intermediate: Accounting, 10-key, alphanumeric data entry, Microsoft Office suite.
* Basic: Word processing/ typing, payroll systems, human resource systems.
* While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
* Continually required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
* Regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
* Occasionallyrequired to stand and walk.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations……Read more>>